Orbtalk is a member of Ombudsman Services: Communications
Ombudsman Services: Communications resolve complaints from consumers about companies which provide communications services to the public. This includes phone and broadband companies.
Ombudsman Services are approved by Ofcom, the UK communications industry regulator, as an alternative dispute resolution service. They are independent and consumers can use their services free of charge.
Ombudsman Services (Communications) - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html
Complaints and Dispute Resolution
Orbtalk are committed to offering outstanding communications services to companies in the UK and endeavour to respond to any complaint in a fair manner and as soon as is reasonably practicable. However, in the event that you continue to be dissatisfied with any part of our service, please feel free to contact us and we will do our utmost to resolve your issue within a reasonable period of time. We have a complaints procedure in place with the aim of ensuring the efficient and satisfactory resolution of any complaints. You can request a free paper copy of this procedure using our customer services contact details set out below. You can also contact us and ask for a copy in braille, large print or audio CD (including a text file that can be used on your computer). If there is going to be any delay, for example if a particular format of the code is out of stock, we will let you know.
If you are unsatisfied with your sale, provisioning or service delivery we provide an escalation path for you to follow:
Initially, please call 0203 5888 000 option 3, raise a Customer Services ticket http://support.orbtalk.co.uk/, write to Customer Services Team, Orbtalk, 5 Frederick Terrace, Frederick Place, Brighton, BN1 1AX or e-mail email@example.com. (Please note that standard charges will apply to all calls. Check with your network operator for rates. Lines are open from Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 18:00 UK time.) If you contact us in writing, please include your:
- Full name;
- Account number;
- Postal address, e-mail address and telephone number; and
- Sufficient details of your complaint to allow us to deal with it, including any steps which have been taken to resolve the complaint so far.
- We will aim to respond to your complaint within 48 hours. Please retain your ticket ID to enable the team to locate your issue easily in future. If we can’t get hold of you by phone, we will e-mail you (if you’ve given us your e-mail address), or we’ll write to you. The experienced Customer Services Team will use their skills to try and resolve your complaint at this point. If that’s not possible, we will keep you updated every five days on the steps we are taking and when we expect your complaint to be resolved. The steps we take to investigate your complaint will depend on the particular circumstances. We endeavour to resolve all complaints within two weeks.
- If you continue to be dissatisfied with the way that your complaint was handled initially, you may contact the Customer Services Manager at a time that is appropriate. Please mention the ticket ID that you received when raising your initial complaint. They (or a member of the Customer Services Team in their absence) will respond and endeavour to resolve your complaint within 48 hours.
- In the event that the Customer Services Manager cannot resolve the issue to a satisfactory standard, you may escalate your concern to your Account Manager by raising a Sales ticket or by using their contact e-mail address and again if unsuccessful to the Directors by raising a Customer Services ticket here and including in the subject line ‘FAO Directors’.
- We will let you know the outcome of our investigation into your complaint and how your complaint has been resolved. If we do not hear from you within four weeks of telling you the outcome we will consider that the complaint has been resolved to your satisfaction.
- Please be aware that, in all instances, you should mention the ticket ID of any complaint that you make and we politely ask that you work with our team to resolve your complaint. In the unlikely event that your complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved by Orbtalk within a period of eight weeks, or if during the course of the investigation you are of the opinion that the situation has reached a stalemate, you may refer your complaint to Ombudsman Services: Communications for a free of charge entirely independent review. You can also refer your complaint to Ombudsman Services: Communications free of charge at any time if we have told you the outcome of our investigation into your complaint; our proposed outcome doesn’t resolve your complaint to your satisfaction; and there are no further steps that we are proposing to take that would have had a different outcome. We will send you a letter reminding you of your right to refer your complaint to Ombudsman Services: Communications if the above circumstances arise. Ombudsman Services: Communications will make an independent decision based entirely on the merits of the complaint.
- Unfortunately, we sometimes get complaints which have no merit or have been made simply to harass our staff. We take the safety and well-being of our staff very seriously and consequently neither we nor Ombudsman Services: Communications can deal with this type of complaint. If we can’t deal with your complaint, we will let you know.
You may contact Ombudsman Services: Communications directly:
- Ombudsman Services: Communications
- PO Box 730
- WA4 6WU
Or alternatively you may contact them via their website, by phone on 0330 440 1614, by fax on 0330 440 1615, by textphone on 0330 440 1600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ofcom regulates us as part of the communications industry. Ofcom ensures, among other things, that all communications providers have a process for handling complaints. Ofcom doesn’t investigate individual complaints on behalf of customers or adjudicate, but it can provide guidance on the complaints process we have set out above. You can find more information about Ofcom here: http://ofcom.org.uk.
To find out more about our complaints procedure please call 0203 5888 000 option 3 or raise a ticket here.